Ask Pathfinder about a turn-key Cobra or Grand Sport Mexican Panamericana race car !
Chassis No.: GT40P/2183
Continuation GT40 by Pathfinder Motorsports
This is a licensed continuation GT40 in an extremely rare Mk IIB configuration – with modifications by Holman Moody, who along with Shelby American, prepared GT40s for Ford in the 1960‘s. This GT40 is dialed-in and ready for street or track. With a Safir GT40s Spares-approved GT40 continuation chassis, this car is immaculate with a Holman Moody-type Mk II dash and 427/575HP pump gas engine with Weber-style EFI tall-stack performance.
This is one of only two Safir-licensed Mk IIB continuation GT40s, built with extraordinary attention to detail. The Mk IIB was the final version of the Ford-sponsored GT40s, and it represented the acme of track-proven refinements. As an example, the Mk IIB dashboard - different from every other Mk I and Mk II – was shared with every Mk IV 'J' cars at Le Mans.
Over a year's effort has gone into P/2183's Mk IIB transformation, including work by Holman & Moody. This car features original GT40 components such as the Lucas 608 mirror, Holman Moody suspension upgrades, Olthoff Racing updates, and dozens of special modifications that add to this car's authenticity. This is a precise and historically accurate licensed continuation model 1967 GT40 Mk. IIB built on a fully licensed, continuation chassis by Superformance/Hi-Tech.
It features a titanium-silver & black stripe paint scheme with several Le Mans-inspired elements, including a low-reflection front hood area and correct aerodynamic modifications. It is delivered in left-hand drive for safe streetability and domination at any track-day event. GT40 P/2183 is absolutely stunning – and unique! You will not find another GT40 like this anywhere.
The list of Pathfinder components and modifications include:
• Invited and displayed at the 2017 Amelia Island Concours Cars and Coffee display
• FAV/Holman Moody Mk IIB dash: Spectacular and similar to the Mk IV 'J' cars
• 51/427 engine supplied with a street cam creating 575± bhp on pump gas
• Scary fast and perhaps the most awesome sounding GT40 we've ever heard!
• Holman Moody original MKII-style trans cooler
• Dyno tuned by Cal Hartline from Roush Racing
• Holman Moody race cam provided for track use
• Suspension modified by Holman Moody at their shop
• Original appearance Weber-like polished Borla EFI system
• Pathfinder-spec custom tall-trumpet air intakes with Pathfinder-developed 'tennis ball' period screen filters
• MSD FAST engine management system
• Pathfinder-built original GT40-style seats using period-correct parachute-type cloth & original brass grommets using drawings by Holman Moody
• Holman Moody Mk IIB dash with original Holman Moody toggle plate assembly
• Aviaid 9-quart period correct baffled oil pan
• FIA-approved competition fire suppression system
• Original period-correct leather steering wheel with quick release
• FIA-approved competition five-point seat belts
• FAV/KarKraft-style Mk IIB steering wheel with proper leather-cushioned safety hub
• Le Mans Plexiglas front hood driver's side bug-shield
• Fire suppression system
• Front aluminum canard wings
• Original aluminum radiator well airflow divider
• Original helicopter-spec Plexiglas air vents - two per door (super effective, too!)
• Front deck lid twin radiator exhaust-flow strakes
• Front and rear Le Mans-style competition brake ducts
• FIA-approved power disconnect
• Gurney driver's side helmet bubble
• Unique high-performance original GT40-180 degree cross-over header system in white powder coat
• Custom 5-inch diameter exhaust tail pipes
• Air conditioning with hidden controls in driver's door panel
• ZF 5-speed polished gear box
• Period correct 'tower style' engine oil cooler
• Interior power cut-off
• AN fittings with stainless steel braided lines
• Custom swirl tank for fuel injection
• Adjustable brake and clutch pedal assembly
• Race brake ducts front and rear
• Olthoff custom short shift linkage
• Upgraded shift Teflon cable
• Period correct rear ‘over headers’ rear sway bar
• Bilstein shocks
• Gas strut for rear deck lid
• 'Ford Advanced Vehicles' chassis plate (correct brass-colored) stamped 'GT40P/2183' affixed to passenger-side bulkhead as per original Mk IIB
• Original FAV designed period correct seats
• Five point FIA approved seat belts
• Original Lucas 608 GT40 rear-view mirror
• Authentic interior door trim
• FIA fender wheel extension 'wing'
• Authentic leather door pulls and door opening limiters
• Adjustable rear Shelby-type Gurney 'wicker bill' spoiler
• Custom Boeing 707 period style wiper arm (like the original)
• FIA-approved tow loops fore and aft
• Le Mans type jack stands fore and aft in high-visibility colors
• Custom-made clear plexiglass rear engine scoop as-was the original GT40 MKII
• Custom bronze powder-coated Hallibrand-type wheels
• Original Shelby style steel spinners (not aftermarket aluminum reproductions)
• Avon race/street DOT tires: 295/50 rear and 215/65 front
• Custom fabricated center console
• Under dash period correct emergency brake
• Original Ford number/rondel light on engine cover
• Olthoff Racing shift-kit upgrade
• Street legal and registered in Florida as a 1966 'antique vehicle'
• Listed in the Safir GT40 Spares and the GT40 Registers
• Safir GT40 Spares Ltd. approved monocoque chassis by Hi-Tech/Superformance
• Many additional features
Details on this car include many small but significant features relating to authenticity, such as the replacement of the standard SPF black screws with original-type stainless screws for the side plexiglass windows. And there are several items that have yet to be installed and are not shown in the photos
Price: US$ 179,500 *
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice. Call or email for more details.
Scary fast and awesome sounding - the perfect GT40
Hand built and ultra authentic - like the later J-Car Mk IVs
PLEASE NOTE: While every reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the vehicle data, we are not responsible for any errors or omissions contained on these pages. Please verify information, pricing, and availability with a team member. All advertised prices exclude applicable government fees and taxes.. Subject to prior sale.
Call us for more information: +1 321.544.2320
Copyright © 2020-2021 Pathfinder Motorsports LLC - All Rights Reserved.